Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm a Gamer....so I thought!!!!

The new game I tried was L.A Noire, now recently I've been on The Sims mode and really enjoy playing that series of game. I tried L.A Noire which is where you are a detective from 1940's and you have to try and solve different crimes. The game is very indepth and detailed and you have to piece together the right pieces of the puzzle to get ANYWHERE in the game. It was so interesting because you even have to discover which witness is telling you the truth or not based on the answers they provide, one wrong guess prevents you from moving forward properly in the game. So it was definitely interesting and difficult, but made me use  my brain.

I liked getting the hands on knowledge of what a detective job entailed at that time. I don't feel like I was in the flow of the game at all!!!! There were chasing scenes and fighting scenes where I had to apprehend suspects and I had no coordination to be able to do that effectively. I also found it hard to select which witness responses were believable given the clues discovered at the crime scene.

This game was fun, but definitely stressed me out because there were times when an object was right in front of me and it took me FOREVER to figure out where it was. So it definitely was a test of visual and mental awareness. It made me think about what ways gaming can be incorporated into technology, you have to find a game that can benefit all individuals, so maybe having a variety of games and letting students test out which one sparks their interests and seems like something they can do is better. I enjoyed my gaming, but think I picked too hard of a game 8)


Truly,
dpledge

1 comment:

  1. Sound like this game was a challenge to you.
    What did you learn? What was the process that you used to find those objects that were right in front of your eyes?

    Z

    ReplyDelete